No medical exam life insurance not only eliminates the need for a medical exam. But these policies can also be approved in less than 24 hours too. There are a lot of excellent life insurance product types available today. One of them is definitely No Medical Exam life insurance.
Many people today are choosing this plan design over the fully underwritten versions. The biggest fears that people have when they consider buying conventional plan is the Para-Med nurse’s visit. A nurse would normally visit the applicants home or place of employment.
Fully underwritten plan designs will normally require a blood test which means the nurse will be drawing blood. Between the needle and the smell of rubbing alcohol, many applicants will choose to go the no exam route.
Table of Contents
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance eliminates the need for an exam
- Best companies for No Medical Exam Life Insurance
- No Medical Exam vs. conventional life insurance
- How large of a policy do you actually need?
- Calculating the replacement of your income
- Do you still have to answer medical questions?
- The main advantages of No Medical Life Insurance
- Disadvantages of Non-Med Products
- How simple is it to apply for No Medical Exam Policies?
- How can I be sure I am getting the very best rates?
- In Conclusion
Sagicor is known as a highly sought after company for no medical exam life insurance. No medical exam is required and policies are usually approved within in 1-7 days. No medical files or information is required from your doctor. Face amounts range from $50,000 – $500,000. Sagicor has grown to be one of the most popular companies for non-med policies in the United States. They also have some of the lowest rates you will find which really puts them in great demand.
Fidelity Life is also one of the most popular companies that specializes in no medical exam life insurance. They have been in business since 1896 and are a highly rated company. Their Rapid Decision term product offers a choice of 10, 15, 20 and 30 year guaranteed level premium periods. Their premium class categories are very simple. You are either “Standard Non-Nicotine” or “Standard Nicotine”. In other words these two classes distinguish between smoker and non-smokers health classes.
Applicants who decide to choose a simplified issue policy appreciate Banner for their quick approval times. Not to mention Banner Life’s very competitive premiums.
Banner’s parent company Legal & General offers no medical exam policies with some of the best life insurance rates in the industry. They use Banner Life and their well known sister company William Penn located in New York. These policies do not require a medical exam and are offered at the same cost as the fully underwritten term policies. This is excellent for consumers who want a no medical exam policy but can’t afford the higher rates some of the other carriers have.
Lincoln National is a first class company with some of the most competitive rates in the business. In 1905, a group of business people from Fort Wayne Indiana decided to form a new life insurance company. The Lincoln National insurance company was built on honesty, dependability and the very best customer service in the industry. Lincoln National lived up to its expected reputation just as it does today.
As of the third quarter of 2018 Lincoln National has reported managed assets of $246 Billion Dollars. Operating revenue of $4.7 Billion, a net income of $572 million and income from their operations totaling over $498 million dollars.
More excellent choices for non-med products
United of Omaha:
No exam is required for face amounts under $250,000. It is possible underwriters may request doctors records. Face amounts from $50,000 – $250,000.
No exam is required. Underwriters may request doctors records. Face amounts from $25,000 – $249,999.
No exam is required. Underwriters may request doctors records. Face amounts from $50,000 – $350,000.
No exam is required. Policies are issued the same day. No medical files are required from your doctor. Face amounts from $50,000 – $500,000.
No exam is required. Policies are reviewed by underwriters with 48 – 72 hour approval times. Underwriters may request doctors records. Face amounts from $50,000 – $250,000.
No exam is required. Policies take between 1-30 days to be approved. Underwriters may request doctors records. Face amounts from $50,000 – $500,000.
Savings Bank Life Insurance (SBLI):
No exam for policies $500,000 and under. Policies can take up to 30 days to be approved. Face amounts from $100,000 – $500,000.
- No medical exam is required – This is the main advantage. No Para-Med Nurse performs an exam which means no blood test, no urine test.
- Application time is shorter – We are looking at about 85% less time than traditional full underwriting. Agents can complete the application by calling you on the telephone. You then sign it electronically with an electronic signature. If approved, your policy can be in force in as little as 24-48 hours. It could take 4-8 weeks on an average for traditional underwriting to complete the application.
- Face amounts are limited – Usually the highest face amount will be limited to the maximum of $500,000 and that is very limited to specific companies. If you need a higher face amount traditional Term will be the way to go.
- The age limits – Sagicor Life policies for example are going to be available to people from ages 18-65 years old.
- Non-Med can cost more – Depending on your age, the selected face amount, you may be paying more for a no medical exam term policy. This is not always the case though. It pays to investigate these policies to see if they are right for you. When you apply for a no medical exam policy, you are simply paying for the speed of approval time and added convenience. If this is going to be worth paying a little more, then it is going to be a good choice for you in the long run.
There are multiple categories that you need to take into consideration when determining what your life insurance needs are. The main goal is to buy enough coverage but not have your premium become a financial burden. Never buy more that you can comfortably afford.
One of the most important numbers to consider is how much do you owe every month. Your financial debt is the number one consideration when deciding how much coverage you should apply for. After you have calculated your major expenses you can go from there. You now will have a good starting point. A face amount calculator like we have on our website can really help you decide.
You then have to look at your annual income that your family relies on every month to come in. Then stop and consider what would happen if your income came to a sudden stop. The main idea is to produce a number that would pay off all you major expenses and be able to replace your income at least for the next five years at least. Use our face amount calculator which will give you a very good idea what your death benefit should really be. How much you can comfortably afford each month will be the main deciding factor for most people.
You will still have to answer a series of health questions. Just because there is no physical exam, your insurance company still needs information about your health history. They possibly can ask for medical records, review your pharmacy purchases and run a motor vehicle report.
If you purchase a guaranteed issue plan or group term policy. They do not require an exam or even ask any health questions. When applicants have any serious medical conditions we will usually run a quick medical pre-screen. This tells us what company will be your best choice for being offered the lowest rates. As independent life insurance agents, we work with over 40 of the best life insurance companies to find the best life insurance rates.
When you first think about no medical exam life insurance plans. They always look like the best thing since sliced bread. We don’t always recommend these non-med plans to our clients. Here are some reasons why they may or may not be the best plan for you. The greatest advantage is that you simply will not have to take a Paramed exam along with a blood test. If you are like me, I hate the thought of needles and possibly a bruised up arm.
- You will not have to set an appointment and possibly have to take time off from work to meet with a nurse who will perform the exam. This is usually always some type of an inconvenience for most people.
- There is no question about it, these plan designs are normally very fast for approval times sometime being less than 24 hours. Conventional underwriting times could easily take over one month or even more. If you need life insurance quickly for whatever reason, non-med plans can be the best way to go.
- The side effect of these plans are they normally have higher premiums. Most people wants the best life insurance rates possible. The carriers look at these policies as a higher risk so they have to charge accordingly for it.
- The other issue is the face amount of the policy you want to apply for. If you are looking for a higher death benefit such as over $500,000 you might want to go the conventional route. Most of these companies only go up to approximately $300,000 to $500,000 face amounts.
It is very simple to apply and get approved. We use a basic three step system that is quick and easy.
- Start by comparing multiple no medical exam life insurance quotes.
- Choose the most applicable life insurance company with the most competitive rates and submit an application.
- Receive your approval and then make your first payment to activate your new policy.
If you are looking for the absolute lowest rates for no medical exam insurance, we’ve got you covered. We work with more than 40 of the best life insurance companies in the nation. This is to make sure our clients don’t spend a dollar more that they have to. There is never any cost to apply, the life insurance companies absorb all the expenses. Also, our service to you is free with no obligation to buy anything.
Finding the best No Medical Exam Life Insurance quotes begins with comparing all the best insurers rates displayed side-by-side. The proof is in the putting and you can review instant life insurance quotes in less than a minute with our websites quoting system, The rates you will see are actually being pulled from the insurance companies data servers which makes them 100% up to date and accurate. You can also use the quoting for on the right side of this blog post. Feel free to use it as much as you would like.
Here is one concept to remember about purchasing life insurance. In most cases, applying and going the conventional full underwriting route will the normally most cost effective way to go. You will stand the best chance of receiving the best life insurance rates by taking the basic medical exam. No medical exam policies are the quickest way to secure coverage but it will usually cost more in the long run. We always recommend going through the standard application process unless you absolutely do not want to take a medical exam. Our mission is to see you get the lowest rates possible.
All the best,
We are here to help you with no cost or obligation. Take a moment to set up a time to discuss your life insurance needs.