How much life insurance do I need?
The easiest way to figure out how much life insurance you may need is to sit down with a pen and paper and jot down your list of income and expenses. The big and most important question is what would happen if your income suddenly stopped. What would your dependents have to do to move forward without your income stream.
- Calculate your total income from all sources.
- What is your total mortgage on your home?
- Do you have any car payments?
- Carefully consider all expenses related to your children.
- Do you have any outstanding credit card expenses?
- Future college expenses can be a vital expense to consider.