Shopping for life insurance for Masons? You’ve come to the right place!
Dear Brethren, you have some great choices for life insurance for Masons along with many top-rated life insurance companies. It’s time to learn more about all these choices and have a better understanding of life insurance. As a Mason myself with over 40 years in the fraternity (Hinsdale Lodge #934). I want to make sure that all my fraternity brothers know how to purchase the best policy for their needs. Purchasing Masonic life insurance is an important step. It pays to take your time and do your homework.
Table of Contents
As with any other product you attempt to purchase, make sure you have a basic understanding of life insurance and the various plan designs. You don’t have to become an expert, but you need to understand the fundamentals so you can make an educated buying decision. I have found that many of our brethren search for Masonic life insurance with only price in mind. You also have to pay attention to the plan design so you are properly insured.
Far too many people shop for insurance products and want to discuss the cost of insurance without understanding anything about the product they are planning on purchasing. This is putting the cart before the horse.
- Term Life – Term insurance is a temporary form of life insurance that stays in force for a specific amount of time. On average, low-cost term life insurance has term periods of between 10-40 years in length.
- Universal Life – Universal Life is permanent insurance that lasts for the rest of your life as long as you pay the premiums. Universal life costs more than term but it lasts forever unlike term insurance does.
- Whole Life – Whole Life is another permanent product that keeps building up cash value as the year’s progress. Whole life is financially not very practical due to its high cost. Many companies do not offer this product any longer.
By far, most people will find that term plan designs will be their best choice due to their low cost. You can also combine term with universal life to create an excellent life insurance portfolio.
This all depends on many important factors such as;
- Your Current Age
- Your Health History
- Driving Record (tickets, accidents, DUI, DWI, etc.)
- Your Parents Life longevity (early death, cancer, or heart disease)
- Occupational Hazards (dangerous jobs)
- Dangerous Sports or Hobbies
- Height & Weight (overweight or obesity)
- Your Requested Face Amount (death benefit)
- Type of Policy Applied For (term, whole life, etc.)
Your time is valuable, so use it effectively!
Some of the ways people consume a lot of time shopping for Masonic life insurance with very little to no success whatsoever.
- Surfing from one website to another for days or even weeks on end. They hope to find the best policy only to get more confused each day.
- Review redundant comparisons with the same life insurance companies on one website as they have on many others they looked at before.
- Looking at types of policies and plan designs that they have no product knowledge of and do not understand.
- Activating quoting systems and using a health class from the drop-down menu that they don’t qualify for. Many consumers will have serious medical conditions and they are reviewing “Preferred Best” rates.
- Comparing the same premiums on many websites looking for the lowest price not knowing life insurance rates are completely regulated by law in each state. Remember that, nobody can sell for less than another, not even by a single penny.
Don’t go through all this work yourself. Let an experienced life insurance agent do the work for you. Here is how you can make it easy on yourself when you shop for life insurance.
- Locate and reach out to a knowledgeable independent insurance agent such as myself that specializes in life insurance products. There is never any cost or for my service and advice. Don’t worry, insurance agents don’t bite, at least most don’t anyway.
- If you have any medical concerns or a hazardous job, make sure you inform me right away. I can run a medical pre-screen if necessary which only takes a few minutes.
- I will explain all the different types of life insurance plan designs you have as options.
- We can review the best online quotes with our quoting software. We together can easily compare the best life insurance rates from over 40 of the best companies.
- Apply over the telephone and we can walk you through the rest of the process step-by-step.
There is no time like the present to apply
The older you are, the higher the quoting rates are. Here is a fact you probably didn’t know about. Life insurance rates are going down because people are now living longer? There also has been a very noticeable increase in applications because of the reduction in life insurance rates. Going to the doctor’s office for annual wellness visits makes a big difference when spotting a health condition in its early stages. Life insurance companies appreciate applicants that go in for regular check-ups in an attempt to stay healthy.
If you still smoke, consider giving up this habit before you ruin your health. Giving up smoking and having better diets all play an important role in living a longer life. Keep in mind that the life insurance rates for smokers can easily be 300% or higher than the premiums of non-smokers.
There are many excellent Masonic life insurance companies you can choose from. The best company is going to be the company that offers you the lowest rates. This will depend on your specific information such as age, health, occupation, and lifestyle. Here is a basic list of some of the best ones to consider.
- Banner Life
- Protective Life
- American General
- Principal Financial
- Lincoln Financial
- SBLI (Savings Bank Life Insurance)
There are three ways you can apply for your new life insurance policy.
- Paper Applications – paper applications have always been the most time-consuming of all applications. Most people don’t appreciate a conventional 30-page application to complete. If your handwriting is not legible or you miss a question, the application will be delayed not to mention the writer’s cramp.
- Online Applications – modern online applications are normally much easier for the applicant to complete. The only stipulation is the applicant must have a computer and have some basic internet experience.
- Telephone Applications – Telephone applications are by far the best way to apply for life insurance. They only take about 20-30 minutes and all you have to do is listen to the question and then answer them over the phone. It does not get any easier than that.
If you are ready to start comparing plans designs and premiums, complete the form on the right side of this page. You can quickly begin comparing the lowest rates from the most competitive companies in your state. A modern quote engine like ours will display rates from over 40 of the best life insurance companies.
All of the premiums you see are up to date and accurate. Whatever you do, don’t hesitate to call us with any questions you may have. There is never any cost or obligation for our help.
All the best,
If you would like to schedule a specific time to get all your questions answered, don’t hesitate to set up a time to chat at your convenience.