Purchasing life insurance for marijuana smokers is as simple as rolling a joint!
Applying for life insurance for marijuana smokers is simple and easy. You can compare the rates from over 40 of the top rated companies in less than a minute. Now you can even apply over the phone within 15-20 minutes eliminating the long paper or online applications. Many companies will allow you to smoke marijuana and not even add a smoker rate to the policy. It does not get any better than this! We use companies that pro-marijuana all the way.
Smoking marijuana in many cases will not increase your rates
Marijuana use is not considered a high-risk factor for life insurance. Keep in mind, extreme use could become a health hazard due to lung damage like cigarettes.
Heavy smoking of marijuana could result in higher marijuana life insurance rates. Insurance providers are more concerned with heavy smokers regardless of actually what they smoke.
Purchasing Marijuana life insurance today is like falling off a log. Getting immediate marijuana life insurance quotes is just as easy.
Concealing marijuana use on an application
You never want to conceal any information that is asked of you on a life insurance application. Life insurance companies do not specifically test for marijuana use, they will definitely know if you do.
To qualify for life insurance, you will be required to take a small physical exam called a Paramed exam. As part of the test you will need to provide a urine and sometimes a blood sample. These tests will show marijuana use. THC, the chemical found in marijuana, can show up in a blood test.
It can be found well after 14 days after smoking pot. This will depend on how frequently the applicant smokes marijuana products. Traces are detectable in the urine for up to 30 days.
If you conceal your marijuana smoking on your application, the life insurance company can decline your application or possibly later on, a claim for death benefits. Any future companies you apply with will also know why you were declined. Always tell the truth!
Life insurance for recreational marijuana smokers
The insurance companies will easily approve an individual who uses marijuana for recreational purposes. Remember that the usual underwriting factors that also have to be taken into consideration also such as:
- Current Age
- Your Health History
- Height & Weight
- Hazardous Occupations
- Any Dangerous Sports
- Driving Record
- Tobacco Use
- Family Health History
- Credit History
Are marijuana smokers approved in a “smoker rate” classification?
In the past, life insurance companies would approve marijuana users in a “Tobacco” rate class. Marijuana was actually a form of smoking like a cigarettes or cigars. Even though this was a common practice in the past years, underwriting has drastically changed.
Many companies will classify a marijuana user as a non-smoker as long as they does not also use tobacco. Some companies still place marijuana smokers in a tobacco class. A tobacco class could raise your premiums over 300%.
You must apply with the most “marijuana friendly” company. You do not want smoker rates, they could easily triple your premium. It is important to use a carrier that offers the best life insurance for marijuana smokers and does not issue tobacco rates.
Term life insurance for marijuana smokers will be the most cost effective
The two main types of life insurance will be permanent and term life insurance plan designs. Permanent life insurance would be universal life and whole life. Whole life insurance will not be cost effective and many life insurance companies have dropped it from their product line.
The life insurance companies use statistics to help calculate what they need to charge for life insurance. The statistics indicate that many people will outlive their policy and a death claim will not have to be paid out.
Many people buy too short of a term period and the easily live far beyond the term period of their policy. This is why term life insurance can be so inexpensive to buy. You should compare universal life insurance rates if you want to have a policy that will last the rest of your life.
Companies that will normally offer the best life insurance rates for marijuana smokers:
- MetLife: The New York giant, MetLife, will come back with a Super Preferred Non-Smoker rate if you smoke less than 1 week. (If you exceed the specified limit of smoking Pot, your rates would convert to smoker’s rates. This could easily double or triple your life insurance premiums.)
- Transamerica: Transamerica will normally come back with a smoker’s rate which is a common underwriting decision, however they offer Preferred Smoker rates if you don’t smoke marijuana on a regular basis.
- Mutual of Omaha: Mutual of Omaha company will usually come back with a Non-Smokers rate if you smoke reefer no more than once a week. Anything over once a week would trigger a smoker’s rate.
- Prudential: The Prudential company is a top life insurance company for marijuana smokers. Users who smoke marijuana up to three times per week could receive Preferred Best Non-Tobacco ratings.
- ING Reliastar: ING will rate you as Preferred Smoker even if you use marijuana 7 days a week. This is one of the best companies if you are a heavy marijuana smoker.
- Minnesota Life: Minnesota can offer you non-smoker rates if your marijuana smoking is limited to twice a month. Your lab results will have to show negative for THC.
Underwriting considerations remain the same whether you smoke marijuana or not
Always remember that your overall health history still is the most important factor on any life insurance application. The use of marijuana is just another rating factor on an application.
You can receive preferred rates as long as your health is acceptable. Anytime an applicant has medical conditions, those issues could have an impact on their rates.
It all depends on what the actual medical conditions are. This holds true with any company and any applicant planning on applying for life insurance.
Deciding factors that will determine your rates:
- Age: Your age always plays a huge part in determining your premiums. The older you are when you apply, the higher the premium will be. If you put it off, it will only become more expensive once you do apply.
- Health History: Your current health is one of the most important factors the life insurance companies consider. The more medical issues you have, the more likely your rates will either go up or you will be declined.
- Occupation: If you have a hazardous job, your rates can be affected. Dangerous jobs like Iron Workers, Commercial Fisherman and Pilots just to name a few can increase your rates.
- Your Credit History: If you have poor credit, your rates can easily be effected. The statistics show that people with poor credit rating are more likely to trigger insurance claims.
- Driving Record: Your driving record clearly reveals your respect for the law and your degree of responsibility. People with poor driving records are more likely to have an auto accident which can result in a fatality.
- Your Family Health History: A history of cancer, heart disease and early death (before age 50) possibly can cause your rates to increase. This pertains to your parents and siblings. These medical concerns can be passed down in your genes.
- Policy Face Amounts: The larger policy death benefit you choose, the more expensive your policy will be. The longer the term period you choose will also increase your premiums.
- Tobacco Use: If you use tobacco products especially smoke cigarettes, you rates can skyrocket. Cigarette smokers usually pay about 300% more money in premiums. If you do smoke, get some help and quit smoking as soon as possible. It will only destroy your health!
Where is the best place to buy life insurance for marijuana smokers?
I would recommend contacting our office. We have been in business for over 25 years and represent the best life insurance companies in the nation. We shop the market with over 40 companies to make sure you always get the best rates.
Helping you find the best life insurance for marijuana smokers is a snap. Due to the fact we represent all the most competitive companies, we guarantee to find you the lowest rates possible.
Compare life insurance quotes for marijuana smokers and see who has the best rates
Run our instant quoting system and compare up to date rates from all the best carriers. We work with over 40 of the best life insurance companies. Finding the company with the most favorable underwriting decision is easy.
We will usually take the extra few minutes to run a very beneficial medical pre-screen (if needed) for many of our applicants before we have them apply. This eliminates any possible surprises and can pinpoint the company that will offer us the lowest rates.
You can view your marijuana life insurance quotes in less than a minute.
Our final word
If you are ready to start comparing plans designs and premiums, complete the form on this page. You can quickly begin comparing the lowest rates from the most competitive companies in your state. All of the insurance quotes displayed are up to date and accurate.
If you prefer, feel free to contact us and we will be able to direct you to the best company with the lowest rates in a matter of minutes. Applying for life insurance for POT smokers simple and can be approved within 24 hours.
All the best,
If you have any questions you would like answered, set up a free no obligation telephone call to get you pointed in the right direction and learn all your option available.