Purchasing life insurance for marijuana smokers with the best rates is a very simple process
Applying for marijuana life insurance is simple and totally safe. If you are worried about life insurance companies notifying law enforcement, don’t think about it for a minute. The carriers have an extreme liability to work with the HIPAA Act Privacy Rules and Regulations. They are bound by a rock-solid agreement to protect your privacy. Life insurance companies are in business to sell their insurance products, not informing others about your business. If you have any worries about this, put them to rest right now.
Smoking marijuana will never prevent you from purchasing life insurance
Marijuana use is not considered a high-risk factor for life insurance. Keep in mind, extreme use could become a health hazard due to lung damage like cigarettes. Heavy smoking of marijuana could result in higher marijuana life insurance rates. Insurance providers are more concerned with heavy smokers regardless of actually what they smoke. Purchasing Marijuana life insurance today is like falling off a log. Getting immediate marijuana life insurance quotes is just as easy.
How about just concealing marijuana use on my application?
Absolutely not, don’t do it! You never want to conceal any information that is asked of you on a life insurance application. While life insurance companies do not specifically test for marijuana use, they will definitely know if you do. To qualify for life insurance, you will be required to take a small physical exam called a Para-Med exam. As part of the test you will need to provide a urine and sometimes a blood sample. These tests will show marijuana use. THC, the chemical found in marijuana, can show up in a blood test. It can be found well after 14 days after smoking pot. This will depend on how frequently the applicant smokes marijuana products. Traces are detectable in the urine for up to 30 days.
If you lie on your application the life insurance company can decline your application or later on, a claim for death benefits. Any future companies you apply with will also know why you were declined. Always tell the truth!
*Remember, smoking marijuana can never prevent you from purchasing marijuana life insurance insurance.
Life insurance for recreational marijuana smokers
The insurance companies will easily approve an individual who uses marijuana for recreation purposes. Remember that the usual underwriting factors that also have to be taken into consideration also such as:
- Current Age
- Your Health History
- Height & Weight
- Hazardous Occupations
- Any Dangerous Sports
- Driving Record
- Tobacco Use
- Family Health History
- Credit History
Are marijuana users approved in a “smoker rate” classification?
In the past, life insurance companies would approve marijuana users in a “Tobacco” rate class. Marijuana was actually a form of smoking like a cigarettes or cigars. Even though this was a common practice in the past years, underwriting has drastically changed.
Many companies will classify a marijuana user as a non-smoker as long as they does not also use tobacco. Some companies still place marijuana smokers in a tobacco class. A tobacco class could raise your premiums over 300%.
You must apply with the most “marijuana friendly” company. You do not want smoker rates, they could easily triple your premium.
Term life insurance for marijuana smokers will normally always be your best choice
The two main types of life insurance will be permanent and term life insurance plan designs. Permanent life insurance would be universal life and whole life. Whole life insurance will not be cost effective and many life insurance companies have dropped it from their product line. The life insurance companies use statistics to help calculate what they need to charge for life insurance. The statistics indicate that many people will outlive their policy and a death claim will not have to be paid out. Many people buy too short of a term period and the easily live far beyond the term period of their policy. This is why term life insurance can be so inexpensive to buy.
Life insurance companies that offer marijuana smokers the best rates
- MetLife: The New York giant, MetLife, will come back with a Super Preferred Non-Smoker rate if you smoke less than 1 week. (If you exceed the specified limit of smoking Pot, your rates would convert to smoker’s rates. This could easily double or triple your life insurance premiums.)
- Transamerica: Transamerica will normally come back with a smoker’s rate which is a common underwriting decision, however they always offer some of the best online life insurance quotes for individual life insurance.
- Mutual of Omaha: Mutual of Omaha company will usually come back with a Non-Smokers rate if you smoke reefer no more than once a week. Anything over once a week would trigger a smoker’s rate.
- Prudential: The Prudential company is a top life insurance company for marijuana smokers. Users who smoke marijuana up to three times per week could receive Preferred Best Non-Tobacco ratings.
The usual underwriting considerations remain the same
Always remember that your overall health history still is the most important factor on any life insurance application. The use of marijuana is just another rating factor on an application. You can receive preferred rates as long as your health is acceptable. Anytime an applicant has medical conditions, those issues could have an impact on their rates. It all depends on what the actual medical conditions are. This holds true with any company and any applicant planning on applying for life insurance.
Deciding factors that will determine your rates:
- Age: Your age always plays a huge part in determining your premiums. The older you are when you apply, the higher the premium will be. If you feel you need marijuana life insurance, apply as soon as possible. If you put it off, it will only become more expensive once you do apply.
- Health History: Your current health is one of the most important factors the life insurance companies consider. The more medical issues you have, the more likely your rates will either go up or you will be declined. Your height and weight is also critical decision maker.
- Occupation: If you have a hazardous job, your rates can be effected. Dangerous jobs like Iron Workers, Commercial Fisherman and Pilots just to name a few can increase your rates.
- Your Credit History: If you have poor credit, your rates can easily be effected. The statistics show that people with poor credit rating are more likely to trigger insurance claims.
- Driving Record: Your driving record clearly reveals your respect for the law and your degree of responsibility. People with poor driving records are more likely to have an auto accident which can result in a fatality.
- Your Family Health History: A history of cancer, heart disease and early death (before age 60) can cause your rates to increase. This pertains to your parents and siblings. These medical concerns can be passed down in your genes.
- Policy Face Amounts: The larger policy death benefit you choose, the more expensive your policy will be. The longer the term period you choose will also increase your premiums.
- Tobacco Use: If you use tobacco products especially smoke cigarettes, you rates can skyrocket. Cigarette smokers usually pay about 300% more money in premiums. If you do smoke, get some help and quit smoking as soon as possible. It will destroy your health!
Where is the best place to buy life insurance for marijuana smokers?
I would recommend contacting us at Best Choice Life Insurance. We have been in business for over 25 years and represent the best life insurance companies in the nation. We shop the market with over 40 companies to make sure you always get the best rates. Helping you find the best life insurance for marijuana smokers is a snap. Do to the fact we represent all the most competitive companies, we guarantee to find you the lowest rates possible.
Get free life insurance quotes for marijuana smokers and see for yourself
Run our websites quoting system and compare up to date rates from all the best carriers. We work with over 40 of the best life insurance companies. Finding the company with the most favorable underwriting decision is easy. We will usually take the extra few minutes to run a very beneficial medical pre-screen (if needed) for many of our applicants before we have them apply. This eliminates any possible surprises and can pinpoint the company that will offer us the lowest rates. You can view your marijuana life insurance quotes in less than a minute.
Our final word on the best life insurance for marijuana smokers
If you are ready to start comparing plans designs and premiums, complete the form on this page. You can quickly begin comparing the lowest rates from the most competitive companies in your state. Our quote engine will display immediate life insurance quotes from over 40 of the best life insurance companies. All of the insurance quotes displayed are up to date and accurate. If you prefer, feel free to contact us and we will be able to direct you to the best company with the lowest rates in a matter of minutes.
If you have any questions you would like answered, click on this link and set up a no obligation telephone call to get you pointed in the right direction.
All the best,